Gallery Address and Phone
- 115 S. Adams Street, Spokane, WA 99201 - 509-863-9904
August 4th, 2017 - Annual "Cleaning Off the Shelves," Summer Sale through August 24th
Annual studio sale of ceramics by Gina Freuen, Chris Kelsey and Mark Moore. Do not miss out on our $25. Grab Bags! Each bag has one piece by Gina, Chris and Mark in it. Blind picks.
- First Friday, August 4, 5 - 8 pm
- Call gallery first to come visit and take advantage of our summer sale.
August 25 - September 23, 2017 - Annual Guest Artist Exhibition - Loren Lukens, Seattle, WA
- Opening Reception: Friday, August 25, 5 - 8 pm
- First Friday, September 1, 5 - 8 pm
- Closing reception, meet the artist - Friday, September 22, 5 - 8 pm
WORKSHOP BY LOREN LUKENS - Saturday, September 23, 10 AM - 4 PM (More info on Workshop Page)
I discovered clay and pottery making as an art student in the 1970’s and it was love at first sight. It has been my passion and livelihood for more than 40 years. Brace Point Pottery is the studio/gallery and home in beautiful downtown Arbor Heights, West Seattle, that I have shared with my wife, Beth Kirchhoff (pianist, opera coach and conductor), since 1998.
The beginnings of humankind go hand in hand with the beginnings of pottery. Of contemporary craft media, only basket making is as fundamental. The shapes of pottery are the shapes of the human body, and are named such: lip, foot, shoulder. They are shapes we know very well on a level beneath our consciousness. My intent is to apply contemporary interpretation to traditional form and purpose by creating objects for people to use and enjoy.
As an art student, Form and Function drew me to pottery, but painting has been an increasingly important aspect to my work. My best pots resolve the difficulty of painting in three dimensions, while maintaining the integrity of the form.
My glazing technique is squirt bottle “Art Marks” under a casually sprayed landscape of glazes. High temperature reduction firing allows a saturation of color and glaze/clay interaction especially with iron and titanium bearing glazes and the possibility of unpredictable aventurine crystal formation as well as the dramatic and somewhat elusive copper red. Porcelain clay provides a bright, white backdrop to enhance color response and increase durability
October 6 - 27, 2017- New Works from Fall Kiln Firings
Trackside Partners, Chris Kelsey, Mark Moore and Gina Freuen will exhibit works fired in their Fall kiln firings.
- Receptions: First Friday, October 6, 5 - 8 pm
- Saturday, October 7, noon - 4 pm
November 3 - 25, 2017- Feast!
Trackside Partners with Kolva Sullivan Gallery to pair up our exhibits under the theme of "Feast.,"
Kolva-Sullivan gallery will be featuring the paintings of Kay O'Rourke.
- Receptions: First Friday, November 3, 5 - 8 pm
- Saturday, November 4, noon - 4 pm
- Gallery closed for Thanksgiving November 21 through November 24.
- Thanksgiving Special Holiday Hours: Saturday, November 25, noon - 4 PM
December 1, 2017 - January 12, 2018, Cup of Joy
Third annual group invitational of drinking vessels, cup, mug, yunomi, sake, stein, goblet, functional or non-functional. Invited artists will exhibit up to 4 cup forms for our holiday gift giving season, shipped from all corners of the United States.
- Receptions: First Friday, December 1, 5 - 8 pm
- Saturday, December 2, noon - 4 pm
- Holiday cup pick up and last minute sales! Saturday, December 16, 2017
- Gallery closed for Christmas Holidays December 17 - 30.
- Reception, First Friday of January, January 5, 5 - 8 pm
February 2 - 23, 2018- To be announced
- Reception: First Friday, February 2, 5 - 8 pm
March 2 - 30, 2018 - Chris Kelsey
- Reception: First Friday, March 2, 5 - 8 pm
April 6 - 27, 2018 - Rob McKirdie & Tybre Newcomer
Annual Invitational exhibit featuring the work of professionally working ceramic educators from our region.
- Reception: First Friday, April 6, 5 - 8 pm
Meet and Greet Slide Show Information evening TBA